Once we got back to Jerusalem, it was after 11PM, and I was exhausted from walking over 5 hours. All I wanted to do was go to bed. When I arrived back at the room, I could barely walk in as everyone's bags were all over the place. Once I had a chance to look inside I counted 10 beds - yes ten - its not a typo. We were crammed in the room like sardines. The hostel-esque accomodations managed to double book some of the rooms, so they squeezed as many of us as possible in one room. There were 4 sets of bunkbeds and two single beds... and one washroom. I realized it would be near impossible to get to bed with people constantly wandering back from their weekends, and the bars. Two hours later - at 1AM, I finally managed to pass out, hoping to get some sleep before our alarm clock AKA Sammy was to wake us up at 6AM. The next thing i know, I get woken up by Sammy... but not at 6AM. Its 3 oclock and he is having a screaming match with some lady out in the halls. This lady was waking up her tour group because they needed to catch a flight, but she also felt the need to wake up everybody else! I manage to pass out again before Sammy comes around at 6AM to wake us up for good.
Once awake, we headed onto the bus for our two day journey up north and to Tel Aviv. Our first stop was Latrun - the site of a very important battle of the War of Independ
ence in 1948. From the beautiful view it was evident why Latrun was an important piece of land to control. From the elevated landscape you could see from Jerusalem all the way out to the Medeterranian Sea. Along with the extended view, Latrun is on a main entrance route to Jerusalem, which also adds to its importance strategically. Latrun is currently the site of the armour corp. museum, where there are a large number of tanks on display.
Once we arrived at the hotel after a long travelling day, we had dinner and managed to find some time to relax before it was time to party. Since this hotel was in the middle of nowhere, we were not able to go out to party, and thus we had to create our own. We found a large classroom where we could party as a group. One would not think this classroom would be ideal for partying, but we managed. We hooked up an Ipod to the computer, and projected the audio visualization onto the wall. We pushed all the desks to the back, and all of a sudden we had ourselves a nightclub. We went around the hotel, and invited all the other tour groups to join us and party. We partied well into the night to celebrate the last full night of 2007.
No comments:
Post a Comment