email me: alex.kaldor@gmail.com
My Israel Blog: Kaldor's Korner

August 15, 2007

Going home

I had a 6:20AM flight out of Palm Springs, and had to catch a 4AM shuttle bus. As this was the last night, people were up partying all night. I along with a bunch of other people who had to catch the 4AM bus decided not to go to sleep at all, so we continued to party once people went to bed. Myself, and one other guy from Vancouver had the same first flight to Salt Lake City, where we were catching different connecting flights. We sat down in our seats, and before we knew it, the flight attendants told us to get off the plane. We had completely passed out, and didn't even realize the plane had take off or landed - best flight ever! I was not as lucky for the second flight. I was right in the back of the plane, so my seat couldn't recline. Not only did it not recline, but I'm pretty sure the seat angle was less than 90 degrees. Partway through the flight, I managed to find a different seat on the plane, but not much luck getting to sleep.

Final Thoughts
This entire trip was amazing. Traveling with Stoop and seeing 4 cities in 5 days without our own car was pretty grueling. Every day was long, jam packed with seeing as much as we could in each city, and we did a LOT of partying, and not much sleeping at all. Besides all the traveling and sightseeing, the highlight for me was hanging out the guys in AEPi as we traveled to each city. They were more than hospitable to us, and treated us like their own brother.

No comments: